How to make dog toys from scraps! If my dog doesn’t have a toy, she helps herself to my shoes, my bags or whatever she finds. That’s why every week I need to get her a new one. Every time I give her one, she breaks it in a couple of days and I have to buy another one.
Not wanting to spend another $10 dollars, I decided to make my own dog toy using my scrap sack. It’s amazing what a few scraps can do with a little creativity.
This toy only took about 15 minutes to make, and my dog is delighted. She wanted to pull it away from me when I was stuffing it and she wouldn’t even let me take the pictures. It has become her favorite.
I guess the knots and the sturdy filling make it really appealing! My dog spends hours chewing on them.
When this one is done with, I can just find more scraps and sew a new one. I chose resistant fabrics so it lasts a while. They’re easy to make, but I don’t want to be making one every 2 or three days. This one should last her at least a week.
- Dog in need of a new toy
How to make your dog toy
- Cut rectangles of fabric. They should all have the same width but they can have different lengths.
- Sew them together to form a large strip.
- Make a small hem on the two short edges.
- Fold the strip lengthwise in half so that the right side of fabric is inside.
- Sew the open long edge and turn inside out.
- Make a knot on one end.
- Fill up with scraps, make it nice and tight!
- Twist the fabric, and make a second knot, put more scraps in.
- Continue until the tube is done. Ta da!
Call your dog and have fun.
You’ll also like:
- How to make a water bottle cruncher
- Sewing patterns for dogs
- How to make a dog coat
- Sew a leash and collar set
- Make your own dog bed